Jakarta Bus Tickets
Jakarta city is situated on the northwest coast of the Java Island in Indonesia. The architecture, language, and cuisine of Java have been influenced by multiple cultures. It is also the capital city of Indonesia and has been known as its major trade and financial center. Jakarta has a tropical and humid climatic conditions and the temperature is generally influenced by the sea winds. It is also among one of the busiest and most populated cities in Indonesia. There are plenty of good tourist places that invite tourists from all over the world. Indonesia has a very good road transport network and you can easily avail bus services for visiting places in and around the city.
Boarding Points in Jakarta
You can easily book a bus from Jakarta to travel to nearby places in Indonesia. One of the easiest ways to book Jakarta bus tickets online is using the redBus website or mobile application. There are plenty of bus boarding points from where the passengers can board their respective buses. Some of the major boarding points in Jakarta are as follows.
- Pondok Indah
- Terminal Kalideres
- Daan Mogot
- Kelapa Gading
Dropping Points in Jakarta
Jakarta is among the most popular tourist destination in Indonesia and is visited by travelers all around the globe. You can book take a bus to Jakarta using the redBus online portal. There are plenty of drop points that you can choose from depending upon your exact destination. Some of the most prominent drop points include the following.
- Pondok Indah
- Jalan Raya Bogor
- Pondok Pinang
- Terminal Pulo Gebang
You can check the detailed list of the dropping points in Jakarta on the redBus Jakarta webpage.
Important Travel Routes To & From Jakarta
- Jakarta to Bandung
- Jakarta to Semarang
- Jakarta to Salatiga
- Jakarta to Solo
- Jakarta to Ngawi
- Bandung to Jakarta
- Salatiga to Jakarta
- Semarang to Jakarta
- Ngawi to Jakarta
- Solo to Jakarta
Some Popular Destinations
Jakarta is widely popular among tourists and is known for some of the most popular tourist destinations around the world. You can take a bus to Jakarta from any nearby towns and cities in Indonesia and enjoy the city aesthetics. Here is a list of some popular places you can visit while in Jakarta:
- Thousand Islands: Thousand Islands are a part of the Greater Jakarta region and you can visit it for some quality beach time. You can take a boat ride for some quick island hopping. You can also find some luxury resorts like Pulau Macan to enjoy a quality dining and sightseeing experience.
- Monas Tower: Monas Tower is among the most popular monuments in Indonesia and attracts visitors from all parts of the globe. It is a symbol of freedom from the Dutch colonial rule that Indonesia obtained during the year 1945. This remarkable monument is situated in Merdeka Square. Merdeka is the Indonesian term for Freedom. You can also visit a nearby gallery to learn about Indonesia’s history.
- Ragunan Zoo: The Ragunan Zoo is home to more than 3600 animal species and is spread across a massive 185 hectare of land. The zoo accommodates species from all across the world and some of the most unique ones include Komodo Dragons and Orangutans. It’s a fabulous place for those who want to learn about Indonesian wildlife and also for those who want to explore the indigenous flora. The zoo remains closed on Monday.
- Ancol Beach: The Ancol beach is hugely popular among the locals and tourists alike. Numerous swimming pools alongside the shoreline also allows you to recline on the rented sun. You can visit the beach to get out of the city crowd and spend some quality time with nature.
- Dunia Fantasi: If you are missing the Disney land in Indonesia, the Dunia Fantasia is the next best thing that you can enjoy. Dunia Fantasia offers a theme park and features more than 30 rides including the Niagara Flume and the Halilintar twister. The large Feris wheel is designed to provide you with a comprehensive view of the park. You will also find a Star Wars section inside this park.
Is it safe to travel to Jakarta right now?
Indonesia is currently going through the toughest time with more number of covid-19 cases per day as well as the number of deaths. There are currently more than 100K active cases in the country and the number is increasing by 5-6K per day. The capital city Jakarta, which is a hotspot for the daily new cases, has already implemented an antigen test for all entering the city and a ban on public gatherings is already in effect. The curfew on malls, restaurants, and other places are also implemented where they need to close by 7 or 9 pm.
As the fourth most populous country in the world is struggling to keep their active cases down, the emergence of the new viral strain in the UK, the government is planning to bar international travelers into the country. There is already a ban on travelers from Britain and the new regulations are clearly indicating the government’s resilience to curb the surge of cases. With the growing number of cases, the hospitals in the country are struggling to make space for all.
- As per the latest reports, the government has decided to close their borders and foreigners will be barred from entering the country for the first two weeks of the new year.
- Passengers who have their ticket ready to be arrived by 31st can still travel but with a few conditions.
- Passengers arriving from Australia and Europe must carry a covid negative certificate taken 48 hrs prior to the departure to Indonesia.
- Other nationals will also need a covid negative test to travel but their certificate could be 3 days prior to the travel.
- They all must also go into quarantine at the designated hotels at their own expenses for five days and again undergo a retest and proven negative to be allowed travel inside the country.
Booking a bus to Jakarta has been made easier with the redBus online portal. redBus provides you with numerous bus operators to choose from. You can easily book Jakarta bus tickets as per your convenience affordability and comfort.