Important Points to Remember about the NPM Bus
PO NPM is one of the oldest bus operators in Indonesia from Sumatra Island. NPM is an acronym for Naiklah Minang Company which was started since 1937 in Padang Panjang, West Sumatra. In fact, NPM became the bus operator that many people chose to route to major cities in Sumatra such as Medan, Pekanbaru, Jambi, Bengkulu, to Bandar Lampung and Jabodetabek to Bandung in Java in the 1980s to early 2000s. Since its founding by Bahauddin Sutan Barbangso Nan Kuniang, NPM which is now managed by the third generation, Angga Vircansa Chairul, has added 10 units of Mercedes-Benz buses in 2019 to show its commitment as the leading bus operator in Indonesia. Book NPM bus tickets via the redBus website or app for your trip!
- NPM buses operate in many cities on the islands of Sumatra and Java, for example Payakumbuh, Padang, Cilegon, Jakarta and Bekasi.
- NPM which is based in Padang Panjang also serves trips from other cities in West Sumatra such as Padang and Gunungmedan.
- The latest Mercedes-Benz type NPM bus fleet is divided into three classes, namely Economy Non-AC, VIP AC, and Executive with 2 + 2 configurations for various routes.
- Each NPM bus unit is equipped with air conditioning, toilets, reclining seats, plugs or electric chargers for each seat, and blankets and snacks for long-distance travel.
- Currently, NPM is offering a 10% discount and cashback of 20,000 with code NEW until March 31, 2021 for every ticket purchase on the redBus website or application.
- The average NPM gets a high rating from its passengers, which is 4.2 stars.
- The NPM fleet implements health protocols during pandemic times such as staff and passengers who are required to wear masks during travel.
- NPM's popular routes are Payakumbuh-Jakarta, Payakumbuh-Duri, Gunungmedan-Cilegon, Padang-Bangko, Payakumbuh-Kisaran, and Bekasi-Gunungmedan.
- NPM bus ticket prices are in the range of IDR 220,000 - IDR 450,000. For example, the ticket price of IDR 220,000 applies to the Payakumbuh-Kisaran route, while the IDR 350,000-IDR 450,000 ticket price applies to the PP Bekasi - Gunungmedan, Gunungmedan - Cilegon, and Payakumbuh - Jakarta routes.
- NPM buses have their own departure and drop-off points in each city on their route, for example Jalan Jenderal Sudirman in Payakumbuh, Kalideres Terminal and Pulo Gebang Terminal in Jakarta, Sitiung in Gunungmedan, Jalan Ir. Juanda in Padang, Jalan Raya Merak in Cilegon, and Terminal Bekasi in Bekasi. Check the NPM bus page on the redBus website or application to find out all PO NPM departure and drop points.
- NPM buses have varying departure schedules depending on the popular route chosen. For the Payakumbuh-Jakarta route, the first bus departs at 08.00 and the last bus at 09.05. The Padang-Bangko route is served from 09.00 to 20.30, while the first Gunungmedan-Cilegon bus leaves at 09.00 and the last bus at 09.30. Meanwhile, the first and last buses on the Payakumbuh-Kisaran departing at 14.00 and the Payakumbuh-Duri route departing at 17.30.