Online Bus Ticket
Buses are one of the most economical ways to travel in Indonesia. Indonesia is made of many islands that are able to connect via landlines that are growing longer. With the developing infrastructure, the bus transportation business is also improving. With an extensive internet network, it's easy to book a bus ticket from city to city, from province to province and from island to island. One of your most trusted travel buddies for booking a bus online ticket is redBus!
Globally, redBus is trusted by more than 17 million bus passengers. No wonder redBus has a network of over 2300 bus operators worldwide. Tickets sold from the redBus network are worth over 180 million trips. This is because redBus offers the convenience of booking bus tickets online.
It's very convenient to buy a bus ticket for your trip with a simple online booking system. You can choose departure times, departure points, drop-off points, and the right bus operator with the redBus website or mobile app. redBus offers the comfort of choosing a seat, so there's always a guarantee that you'll get a place of your choice on the bus. Most importantly, redBus also ensures that you get the best bus ticket price at no extra cost. The redBus bus search process has been simplified so that prospective passengers can find, select, and buy bus tickets online from the comfort of their home.
Here are three simple steps for booking tickets through the redBus website and app:
- Select trip details: Enter your departure, destination, travel date, and then click the 'Find' button.
- Choose your bus and seat: Select the bus, seat, departure point, destination, fill in the passenger details, and then click the 'Payment' button.
- Pay easily: Payments can be made securely through ATM transfers, internet banking like Mandiri Online and BCA Clickpay, credit/debit cards, via Alfamart, and more.
Once the potential passenger completes the payment process, a confirmation will be sent via email and to the telephone number of the registered passenger. On departure day, you will only need to bring proof of the transaction from redBus and show it to the bus operator. After that, you can take a leisurely ride with the bus of your choice.
Top Bus Operators in Indonesia
As the world's largest online bus ticket booking platform, redBus works with many of the leading automobile (PO) companies. Each bus partner working with redBus is here to ensure that your trip is safe and secure, from island to island, province to province, and city to city. Almost all shuttle bus companies with clean vehicles and sufficient facilities have joined redBus.
Among the many bus operators joining redBus, several are popular among the passengers. We have compiled a list of the most popular bus operators in Indonesia.
• Pahala Kencana: Serving on 86 routes on Java Island is made easier by the Pahala Kencana, a popular bus service. It serves on the routes like Jakarta-Jember, Maintenance-Bekasi, and Madiun-Kebumen. In bus ticket prices from Rp. 150 to Rp. 280, you can choose Business, VIP, Executive, and Super Executive classes.
• XTrans: One of the pioneers of point-to-point shuttle transportation services serving the Bandung - Jakarta route, XTrans has grown into an automobile company with hundreds of fleets stretching across Central Java. Bus tickets for popular routes such as Bandung – Blora (PP), Semarang – Pekalongan, and Semarang – Solo, are reasonably priced at Rp. 90 one way.
• Nusantara: Originating from Holy, PO Nusantara connects cities in Central Java with popular routes such as Lasem – Karawang, Jakarta – Demak, and Pati – Bekasi. The fleet of 75 buses provides VIP, Executive, and Super Executive classes with GPS, driver, and insurance facilities in each vehicle.
• Agra Mas: PO Agra Mas serves 370 routes with its most popular routes from Jakarta to various cities on Java Island, such as Semarang, Solo, Jepara, Yogyakarta (Jogja), Kudus, and Wonogiri. It offers a Super Double Decker class for between Rp. 225 and Rp. 250.
• Lorena: Listed on the Indonesian Stock Exchange and won awards several times, PO Lorena has many classes serving travel routes to and from three islands in Indonesia - Java, Bali, and Sumatra. With various classes and buses in its fleet, Lorena offers tickets from Rp. 165 to Rp. 395 for a safe and comfortable trip.
• Kramat Djati: The Kramat Djati bus serves routes from Bandung to cities in Java, Bali, and Sumatra. Each day more than 80 fleets depart from Bandung to Semarang, Wonogiri, Magelang, and Lampung. With an economical bus ticket price, starting at Rp. 110 depending on the class you choose, this carrier is the top choice for traveling in Indonesia.
• Efisiensi: Another award-winning bus operator in Indonesia, PO Efisiensi, serves popular routes from and to Yogyakarta (Jogja). Headquartered in Kebumen, Central Java, PO Efisiensi offers Executives classes at an affordable price ranging from Rp. 70 for short-haul routes such as Cilacap – Yogyakarta, Purwokerto – Yogyakarta, and beyond.
• SAN: Founded in Bengkulu in 1978, the SAN (Siliwangi Intra Nusantara) Group connects Sumatra and Java Island with popular long routes such as Ponorogo – Bengkulu, and Solo – Pekanbaru. This is a great choice for the AKAP (Interstate Intercity) bus because of its excellent service and economical ticket prices.
• Ramasakti: Traveling to and from Yogyakarta is easier with Ramasakti. Offering trips from Yogyakarta to Ngadirejo, Losari, Holy, Pati, Comal, and other areas of Central Java, Ramasakti offers tickets at prices ranging from Rp. 35 to Rp. 180 each way.
• Sinar Jaya: PO Sinar Jaya serves many of Java Island such as Surabaya, Jogja, Semarang, Tegal, Wonosobo, Solo, Cilacap, Pekalongan, and others. Some of its popular routes include trips to and from Purworejo, as well as Sukoharjo – Tangerang and Wonogiri – Bekasi. For less than Rp. 300, passengers can travel comfortably with Sinar Jaya from Jakarta to Surabaya.
Most bus operators affiliated with redBus in Indonesia have easy to reach departure points. Some of the popular departure and departure points in Indonesia are:
- Jakarta: Gebang Island Terminal, Lebak Bulus Terminal, Kalideres Terminal, Sunday Market Terminal, Tanjung Priok Terminal
- Bandung: Pasteur, Dago, Puratiukur, Cimareme, Cihampelas, Puratiukur, Jl. Soekarno Hatta
- Bali: Denpasar, Gilimanuk, Mengwi Terminal, Bungalow Terminal
- Medan: Medan Sunggal, Sisingamangaraja Road
- Surabaya: Terminal Bungurasih, Terminal Surabaya, Jl. By the way, Surabaya City Traffic, Juanda International City
Depending on the class you choose, each bus operator offers a variety of facilities that are sure to make your trip short and easy to reach. Here are some of the facilities offered by redBus bus operators in Indonesia:
- Entertainment (music/television)
- Reclining seats
- USB charger for charging mobile phone
- Pillows and blankets (for long trips)
- Eat (for long distances) and drink
- Rest area
Safety Tips for Passengers, Safety+ || redBus, Indonesia
Take a look at some of the safety precautions that are being taken by bus operators to combat coronavirus in Indonesia. Read on to learn more about Safety+ and the numerous measures taken at redBus to keep passengers safe.
The novel coronavirus has affected a number of industries across the globe. With lockdowns implemented in several countries, people are mostly confined in their homes without any activities to keep them busy. So, there are a lot of people who are waiting in Indonesia to resume traveling across the country and the world. As of today, (08-06-2020), there have been 32,033 confirmed cases of coronavirus in Indonesia. What are the safety procedures and precautions that are taken by bus operators, and what can I do to stay safe? Let’s take a look.
Some of the precautions that are being taken by bus operators are:
- Every bus is disinfected and undergoes deep cleaning before and after completing a trip
- Passengers are encouraged to bring their blankets or linens as these won’t be provided on the bus
- Bus drivers and crew members are regularly checked with the use of thermal scanners
- Passengers are screened for fevers before boarding the bus
- Hand sanitizers are provided on the bus to keep your hands clean
- Every passenger and personal on the bus has to wear a mask during the journey
- Bus operators offer only alternate seat booking to promote social distancing
When booking a bus ticket online, passengers can use the filter option to select a Safety+ bus to minimize their chances of getting infected. redBus does spot checks at boarding and dropping points to ensure that bus operators follow the safety guidelines set by the Government of Indonesia. Visit the redBus website or download the official app today to see what redBus has in store.
redBus works with trusted carriers and shuttle buses. If you have any issues or interruptions during the trip, you can contact redBus Customer Care or go directly to Customer Service from each bus operator. Book your tickets right away and schedule a trip with redBus to find the perfect bus ride.