Important Points to Remember about the Joglosemar Bus
As one of the major players in the field of land transportation services in Yogyakarta (Jogja), Joglosemar has been operating since 2005 under PT Sejahtera AO Kencana Sakti. Offering a variety of convenient shuttle buses for travel, Joglosemar connects Yogyakarta (Jogja) with cities in Central Java, such as Semarang, Solo and Purwokerto. With a relatively economical price, the Joglosemar shuttle bus is the choice of many passengers. Explore Yogyakarta (Jogja) and Central Java with Joglosemar now!
- Joglosemar originates from and operates in Yogyakarta – Jogja, the capital of the province D.I. Yogyakarta.
Other areas where Joglosemar buses also operate are sizeable cities in Central Java, such as Semarang, Salatiga, Solo and Magelang.
- Joglosemar Travel has several fleets with different passenger capacities. The Pandawa fleet uses a medium bus with a capacity of 21 passengers, the Pear fleet uses a Mitsubishi Fuso with a capacity of 13 passengers, and the Emerald fleet uses a Toyota HiAce with a capacity of 12 passengers.
- Each Joglosemar fleet is equipped with air conditioning, electric plugs and armrests with ample leg room, drinking water and snacks.
- Currently, there are no new promos for Joglosemar buses on the redBus website and app, but you can check the Joglosemar page on the redBus website and app regularly to find out what new promos are available.
- Joglosemar gets quite high ratings from its passengers, which average around 4.4–5 stars.
- Following the health protocol that was in effect during the pandemic period, the Joglosemar bus has spaced seats that are adjusted according to physical distancing.
- Staff and passengers are also required to wear masks while traveling with Joglosemar.
- Popular routes for Joglosemar are Yogyakarta (Jogja) –Solo, Solo – Yogyakarta (Jogja), Semarang – Yogyakarta (Jogja) and Yogyakarta (Jogja) –Magelang.
- Joglosemar ticket prices vary depending on the route and type of fleet. The lowest price is IDR 35,000 and the highest price is IDR 130,000.
- The popular departure point for Joglosemar buses in Yogyakarta is at the bus operator's own head office, Jl. Magelang KM 7. The dropping point is in the same place.
- Joglosemar limits its operating hours on certain routes, but serves departures every day at least once.